A limited amount of travel awards will be available to participants of the 2015 National Extension Energy Summit (NEES). The travel awards are intended to cover the cost of conference registration, accommodations, airfare, ground transportation, meals, and conference tours. Selected travel award recipients will be reimbursed up to $500 after attending NEES.
In addition to offering professional development opportunities for those active in Extension energy programs, we would also like to encourage those wishing to integrate energy outreach into their existing programs to participate in the Summit.
Travel awards are available to all presenters and panelists at NEES. If you are presenting and would like to be reimbursed up to $800 for your travel related costs including conference registration, accommodations, airfare, ground transportation, meals, and conference tours, please indicate your request when registering. It is not necessary for presenters and panelists to submit an application for a travel award. Paperwork for reimbursement will be given to you in Seattle during conference registration. Presenters that submitted abstracts after March 2 are not eligible to receive a travel award.
To apply for a participant travel award submit a brief description of your background; past, current and/or future energy outreach interests; and your genuine financial need for the award. Please limit your application to 350 words or less and include name, organization, and contact information. Email your application to email@example.com by February 24, 2015.
Travel Award Committee members will review the applications based on merit. Review criteria will include an assessment the applicant’s enthusiasm for energy outreach, financial need, and timeliness of the application submission. Award notifications will be made in early March.
Travel Award Restriction:
NEES 2015 is being organized with the assistance of University of Washington (UW) Conference Management. All travel awards will be processed by the University of Washington Travel Office, which makes them subject to UW Travel Restrictions.
- All airfare must be submitted as roundtrip from your home city/state and Seattle.
- If you want/need to combine this trip with a stop somewhere else you must submit a sample roundtrip airfare and a justification why you need to make the side trip.
- The airfare cannot be more than standard coach.
- If you want to upgrade to first class or change your flight times you must submit a sample fare showing the lower rate. You will only be reimbursed for the lower amount.
- Your hotel costs will only be reimbursed up to the current per diem rate of $156 a night (before taxes). Rooms are available at the Motif at per diem rates for the Summit. More information is available on the Summit website http://events.cahnrs.wsu.edu/2015energysummit/venue/. Please take advantage of the special conference rate at the Motif.
- Receipts must be submitted for everything except meals.
- Reimbursement can only be made to individuals, if a business pays for the travel and wants reimbursement you will have to register as a University of Washington vendor. You can register as a vender at https://f2.washington.edu/fm/ps/info-for-suppliers/registration-form
- Reimbursements for international airfare is not available.
- Reimbursements for travel costs will be awarded at the discretion of UW Conference Management and the NEES Travel Award Committee